The first question came from a woman who asked: "[Author Kevin Phillips]
makes the point that members of your administration have reached out to
prophetic Christians who see the war in Iraq and the rise of terrorism as signs
of the apocalypse. Do you believe this, that the war in Iraq and the rise of
terrorism are signs of the apocalypse? And if not, why not?"The president was clearly taken aback. He reacted as if he'd just seen a burning bush -- or had just been asked a really hard math question.First he hemmed. Then he hawed. Then he hemmed some more."Um... uh... I... The answer is, I haven't really thought of it that way," he finally spit out. "Here's how I think of it. The first I've
heard of that, by the way. I guess I'm more of a practical fellow." He then
abruptly Left Behind the question at hand and went off on a long, standard-issue
answer about 9/11 and fighting terrorists over there so we don't have to fight
them over here.
John says that it shows how bad a born again christian he is, because he should have thought of this given how big the second coming/rapture is in the Born Again sector.
It scares the fuck out of me. In a sane world the answer should have been. NO. without a delay at all. But that is just little deist me.
No comments:
Post a Comment