Mar 7, 2006

Silly Dover.

Those crazy creationist are at it again! (not the SAME set, but still crazy creationist)

What boggled my mind was this part from the quoted article:

Marcavage said his group's outreach was spurred by school officials' decision
not to allow Repent America, a religious group, to hang advertisements in the
high school, where creationist speaker Kent Hovind will present a seminar March
17 and 18.


They will allow the creationist to speak ( and I am sure he going to state it is a science and evolution is WRONGWRONGWRONG), but not allow a creationist group to advertise? I think -both- are a violation of the seperation of church and state, how can anyone think only the advertisment is? I now wonder just WHAT the advertisements were.


Speaking of Evolution though, on of my favorite articles on evolution was in National Geographic a few years ago. It started with a double spread page that had "Was Darwin wrong?" on it and a picture of a lizard. You turn the page and the top half of it is taken up by "NO." That was the first time I realized how sarcastic national geographic can be.

No comments: