Feb 12, 2007

LOTR NDA lifted.

And Tobold has his thoughts.

I've been in the closed beta for a few weeks and I can tell you that I've already pre-ordered the game. I am enjoying it very much and look forward to the release version.

So far I haven't had as much time with the game as I have liked, but what time I have had I've enjoyed.

What feature I like the most is the title/achievement features, where by doing certain acts you unlock new titles your character can have. The first one you start with is Blah of homeland, but by not dying or killing certain creatures or finishing quests you can get new ones. Tobold didn't mention that there are also unlockable emotes. Where after someone using x emote on you y times unlocks a new emote. An example is a Firebreather emote you can get if someone cheers are you 100 or so times.

The combat is nice and feels good, I like the animations in combat. I did something I never do and played a full melee class and I am enjoying it. It feels like my character is dancing with the sword. I agree with Tobold in that I stopped using my Auto-attack after about level 3. I had enough abilities and skills that I just cycled through them in combat.

I haven't had a chance to try out Monster Classes yet or Crafting, but I hope to get to them soon, and I will post more on them when I do.

No comments: