P.Z. reminds me of something I had meant to talk about earlier. The History Channel is showing commercials for their new docudrama called 'the dark ages'. During the commercials it talks about how the dark ages were godless.
Which is the funniest thing ever, if you know anything about the Dark Ages and why it is called such.
They list the beginning of the dark ages as the sack of Rome in 455 a.d. What I am betting they leave out is the fact that the group that was sacking Rome was Christian.
By that time large portions of Europe and east Asia were Christian.
So yeah.
It is also offensive to Atheists because it, once again, tries to say only godless people do (insert horrible thing here).
I annoyed me so much, I actually complained to the History Channel over it.
Mar 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment