Apr 8, 2007

The -real- hidden meaning.

P.Z. educates us on the true hidden meaning behind 300.


I could tell exactly what this movie's hidden meaning was: it's a retelling of the creation-evolution struggle!

And he's right, it is obvious. I can't believe I didn't see it before.

Look at the beginning. It's all about how the Spartans are the products of intense selection; the weak are culled from birth through adulthood, resulting in a collection of perfect physical specimens … exactly like all evolutionists...

The Spartan's opponents were a slavish, poorly disciplined mob trying to defend themselves with shields of straw, and who followed a mad god. Need I say what side of the creation/evolution wars they represent? Their army also contained monsters and grotesques which were symbolic of the unrealistic, impossible logic of creationism … and the monsters were easily dispatched with the sharp blades of the Spartans. Charging imaginary creationist war rhinos are stopped dead with a single precise jab from the warriors of Reason.


So very true

No comments: