Jan 9, 2006

Part of the System.

Social Security is one of the most revolutionary ideas ever. The idea that the society will take care of the members of the society AFTER they can no longer truly contribute to it was and still is revolutionary. And, like universal health care, it removes one of the differences between the rich and the poor.

You know who annoy me? People who complain about paying taxes. Let me clarify. I don't mean that the tax rate is high for certian people, because it is, especially for the working poor. I'm talking more about the rich or well off. They feel they shouldn't have to pay taxes because they don't 'take' much from the system. Since they aren't on welfare or medicare, they feel they shouldn't have to pay into it. Which is stupid, because what if they ever need it? And even still, they do take from the system in otherways.

Even if you want to argue that the rich don't take from the system (And one day I will take enough economics classes to prove my theory that the super wealthy DO take a lot of from the system by locking up too much money and not having it filter through the economic system. But I'm not Dr. Black so I can't.) then who cares? The price of admission into this country is taxes. You want on the america ride and you want to benefit from it, either from its social system OR from the massive amount of money to be made here, then you pony up the dough.

Of course to those who are really up in arms about it, I want to tell them to leave then. Go to a country where they don't have to pay taxes.

No comments: